Monday, July 20, 2015

Jay Larson On Conan about Prank Phone Call in New York


I have a question. Your cellphone rings. You don't recognize the number. What do you do? Ignore it. Don't answer it. Not me. I like life.

The other day my cellphone rings 917. It's a New York number. I don't know who it was. I picked it up anyways. Hit talk, and said, "Hello." The guy goes, "Hey Bruce, what's going on?" My name is Jay, not Bruce. So I said, "Nothing much man. What's going on with you?" And he said, "I'll tell you what's going on. I just got an email about the budget. It's suppose to be 15,000. Now, it's 10,000. And I would like to know what's up." I got excited in my chest.

I grabbed the steering wheel. Ok, focus. Your name is Bruce. There's a budget. It was at 15,000. Now, it's 10,000. No one is happy about it. That's all we know.

So I just repeat what he said to me, "10,000? It's suppose to be 15,000."

He goes, "Yeah, I know. I just got an email, and now it's 10."

I said, "Listen man, I don't know what to tell you. I have been on the road all day. I have not even seen it."

And he goes, "Did you send this out?!" -- giving some attitude to Bruce.

I didn't like it. I said, "I listen man. The budget was 15,000. We are a couple of expenditures. It went to 16 2. I reworked it. Got it down to 14 7. I had 300 to play with. I call the 15, and I sent it out."

And he goes, "Yah, well now it's 10 man."

I was like, "Oh my god. That worked. That worked. Phase 1 complete." Now, I'm in the door. I have a 401K. I was at the Christmas Party.

So he goes, "Did Larry Ok this?"

I go, "Listen man. I took the budget to Larry. Larry said it looked fine, but I knew it was my ass on the line. So I ran it by Jennifer. Just in case. Just to double check. Jennifer said it looked good. I sent it out."

He goes, "Yeah, now it's 10 man."

And I realized this guys does not know what' going on over there. He hasn't talked to Larry. And know he hasn't talked to Bruce because he doesn't even recognized my voice. I know he hasn't talk to Jennifer. I just made her up.

So he goes, "Listen man. What are you going to do about this?"

And I go, "Listen. I'm on the road right now. I have not even seen the email. Why don't you give Larry a call. Check it with him, and see what he says, and call me back." Just praying he will. Cause that return phone call would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment