Friday, January 16, 2015

Godfrey Air Jordans $200 in Chicago and School Bus


And you know, my parents grew up poor alright. So you know, when you have parents growing up poor, you can't come to them with your bogus excuses. Cause in Chicago, it's like the bus broke down one time, and I had to walk to school. I had the nerve to tell my dad.

I said, "Dad, check this out. My bus broke down. I had to walk to school. Did you believe that?"

"Come here. When I was your age, I walked a hundred miles to school. And when we got there, there was no school."

So you know. I had to get Air Jordans cause Air Jordans was big time in Chicago -- $200. I saved up $195. I just have to ask my dad for $5. You know.

I said, "Dad, I want to get these Air Jordans. They are $200, but I saved up to $195. I need $5. I will pay you back next week."

"Come here. You want $5 for Air Jordans? When I was your age, we didn't have feet."

1 comment: